Sunday, January 24, 2010

Restful Jade Waves and Celtic Copper 2 by SummerAlyssa

Here is Summer's Description-

This is my entry into Artisan Clay's monochromatic challenge. I didn't mean to go with green yellow, but I find I dream in green a lot lately. Winter is wearing on me. I dream of waving fields of green rye and corn stalks;)

The beads are dyed jade, and the focal is a 1"x1" clay bead by Kristie aka Artisan Clay. This won't be in my shop, as I really, really loved how it turned out;)

I love those coiled wire links!
Here is Summer's Description--
This is my first color challenge piece for the Beads of Clay blog. The challenge was monochromatic: colors on the same spectrum of the color wheel. I chose orange.
The clay art bead is a button by Tari Sasser of Creative Impressions in Clay. I stitched it in a traditional peyote bezel with a spiral edging.
But the real star of this piece is the chain. I made it completely from scratch! There are a total of 14 jump rings, 28 links, 56 swirls, and 12 connectors with faced glass beads. I can tell you, my palms were red by the end of the night. But this chain is supple and gorgeous, and sure to attract attention!
The pendant is 2” around, and the necklace is “Opera” length (30”).
Summer will donate a portion of the sale of this necklace to a Michigan nonprofit of your choice.
Thanks for Entering your work Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated