Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Fall Tradition ;-)

We are big gardeners around here. 
So fall means getting the last veggies from the garden and getting it ready for the winter.

Here is Mr. Carrot!  We found him this week while pulling carrots for dinner.
He's been spared and it hanging out on the windowsill for a few days since he makes us smile :-)

My Favorite fall food is Pea Soup.  I absolutely LOVE pea soup!

I make it in a crock pot and don't have to worry about it at all.  All the ingredients are ones that I always keep on hand.  I don't use a recipe.

I add these things to a 4.5 quart crock pot.
Potatoes, Carrots, Chopped Onion
1 pound dry green split peas
Soup stock or Dry bouillon and water to fill pot
Salt, Garlic and 3-5 Bay Leaves

Cook on High until vegetables are tender.  Remove Bay leaves and enjoy!

Thanks for coming to our open studio!

Here is the link back to the BOC participants page-- http://beads-of-clay.blogspot.com/2010/10/boc-ceramic-artists-open-studio-event.html

 

10 comments:

  1. That is one funny little carrot doing a jig! Thanks for sharing him!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that carrot! I can only imagine your smiles passing by him every day :) As for the soup my husband loves it an I make it the same way :)Nice to get to know you!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read the post I couldn't figure out WHAT that was! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That CARROT is hilarious! How could you possibly have a bad day with that thing sitting there to crack you up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is probably the most amazing carrot I have ever seen! I'm kind of spitting in a fit of hysterical laughter. I wonder if you could preserve him somehow. But somehow I don't think dehydration would do Mr Carrot justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the joys of snorting laughter… (sinus allergies are on full overload right now…). That is such a funny carrot… and if that wasn't enough, the dehydration comment made the snort laughter happen…

    Thanks for the recipe for Pea Soup. I've always wanted to try it…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mr. Carrot. He's a really sexy carrot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Priceless and he is standing in your window with pure glee! I know he is smiling too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated