Friday, May 14, 2010

How does your garden grow?

I really love to grow food!
This is my new Cranberry Bush

Lettuce, Spicy greens mix and sugar snap peas

A close up, I have been eating these quite a bit, and I took this photo after filling my basket. Whoops!  Isn't that the way it goes. 
And here are my potatoes.  The leaves are having trouble.  I think it happened in the 2 days of frost we just had, but my MIL thinks it's a pest or disease problem.  The thing is that my Swiss chard that was unprotected from the wind and cold has damage as well.... and happened the same day as the frost....???  So I stick with my story. 

I planted all this stuff on St Patrick's day.  I am really enjoying my garden.  My Mom and I are sharing a community garden plot this year for the first time as well.  I am SO EXCITED! 

So.....  are any of you garden crazy as well?   How does your garden grow?

2 comments:

  1. We haven't quite finished with conditioning the soil in the garden, so everything is in little pots inside. Good thing I've got plenty of room and light to go around! Hopefully, the cold snaps will be done come next week. I think we'd have lost everything had we planted it all when we planned to 4 weeks ago...

    We're trying sweet potatoes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 10 tomatoe plants- 8 different Heirloom varieties, and today, I found 5 tomotoes coming on.}:P

    Leaf lettuce is starting to bolt a bit, it's been hot here. No cukes yet, still too small. No peppers, same with them. Lots of herbs though}:P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated