Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Colorworks Challenge

I set out today to make something for the Art Bead Scene monthly challenge.... You know it didn't happen. The muse had other plans I guess. Instead I read this morning about the Colorworks Challenge put on Step by Step beads Magazine. The challenge is to make a piece of jewelry or bead using Tertiary Colors--The orange-purple-green tertiary triad. Well I love my color wheel so this challenge won out. ABS maybe I'll still get there.... Of course, I think that every month. This photo is a bit blurry. I'll have to see if I can get a good shot before I decide on entering it into the contest.
I fired up the kiln today and it is packed full. I tried some new disc bead ideas, so I can't wait for unloading time. Check back tomorrow for a peek at what I came up with!

5 comments:

  1. I think you definitely captured the "Colorworks Challenge" - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to get better pictures of it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and I think you did a great job putting the colors together. I also saw the tertiary challenge, but my supply of orange beads is sadly small. (I'm not a huge fan of the color) Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look great! ood luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated