Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An opportunity--and look what I made.

You can skip to the bottom colored area for the opportunity part--

I found my jewelry making desk last night.  
  It had been hiding behind a pile of half sorted Artisan Clay beads and bead trays that had gone out of control with dividing and combining and newly made additions and half finished projects and ideas to be kept for future reference.   I was nervous to get started, since it has been so long since I have made any finished jewelry.  What if I had forgotten how to make jewelry?  What is my style at this point in time?  And then there is  the stubborn part of my nature who simply cannot handle being like the crowd... What if ~gulp~  I end up making something that looks trendy?  I know, I'm a little bit weird, and there are tons of folks who do very well in life by being agreeable, but I am not those people.  Alas.... always searching out a challenge, always being difficult. 
-I'm not saying that I don't like the current trends or that popular styles aren't popular for a reason ;-)
-I'm not saying the things I made last night were the most inventive new jewelry pieces in all of the world or anything, I just always want to be sure to be the me I need to be, that's all :-)  I was experiencing a little nervous block.

So-- I did end up making a few new things.  I made a secret necklace for the Button Swap with 3 of the buttons that my partner Shannon Chomanczuk (For my Sweet Daughter)  sent me.

I made the chain necklace above with some of my new "porcelain chain link" beads.  It felt good to make.  Those beads have been sitting in limbo for quite a while, stewing in my brain.  So- now I made something with them and so now I can make more beads and let other people have a few :-) 
And I made a pair of earrings.  Now my Etsy shop is back to having an earring section once again.... (with 1 item in it) 

So I've made and sold what seems like a million beads these past months/year/decade.  I wonder what has become of them.  I want to see them in use.  I want to be inspired by the way you use them to make more! 

This is the opportunity part...
I would like to start a design team.  I would like you to be a member.  Artisan Clay Design team members will receive Artisan Clay beads for their use in their artwork.  I ask that you blog/(or otherwise share on social media) how you use them.   

Interested parties should contact me via email at artisanclay @ hotmail.com Please tell me why you would like to be an Artisan Clay design team member, your website links, and what types of my beads you like the most. 
I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you better.

8 comments:

  1. Jumping up and down !!
    Me too !!

    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I want in:)I will email you with my information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to participate too!!! I am from Canada so I don't know if that will be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to, but both my address and my supplies will be in limbo for a awhile during the move to Charlotte. But you can you use the existing photos of my stuff that uses your work whenever you like! You've already shown my amazing generosity anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving my hand in the air, pick me, pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent you an e-mail. What an exciting opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My info has been emailed to you. What a great offer and opportunity! From the looks of things- you could have a HUGE team!
    Look forward to seeing your team choices.
    Sheryl
    Cool Moon Creations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated