Friday, April 30, 2010

Petrified Wood Co.

We tried to check out the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona last week. To our disappointment, we drove right up to a sign that said CLOSED.
Instead we found The Petrified Wood Company, a Rock shop right near the entrance to the park. This piece of Amethyst was huge! There is Olive, my lap dog for the 7 days we drove east.

Petrified wood

Grrr! They had such a great display at this store! -- Really beautiful stuff!

Wood

And more wood--- I love the colors. They come from minerals. My mind was matching them to the ingredients in my glaze colors.






2 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous! I love the colors of petrified wood. So Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look like your jewelry!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated