Sunday, January 18, 2009


Call Me Sweetheart! This very feminine piece is perfect for the season!
This features one of my Wheel Thrown Glass Fused Cabochons.
I made the Focal on a potter's wheel, making concentric circles in the wet clay.
The Piece itself has been fused with Stained Glass during the Kiln-firing process. I combine many kinds of glass (clear, opaque, milky, and different colors) The Glasses become liquid and bleed into each other in the kiln swirling ands blending at the edges. Finally as I cool the kiln the glass fractures and crackles but with a smooth glass top. The crackling refracts light and glistens in the sun.
It can be worn as a pin on your hat, scarf, jacket, purse, ect. ect. but also and most commonly worn as a necklace. The bail suits most chains, cord, omegas, string, ribbon. So this piece can be worn in so many ways and with your favorite neckline. The photo is to show how the pendant will hang on a semi rigid cord, on a chain it hangs lower but with the same invisible setting look.
This piece comes with your choice of around 10 different necklaces to wear it on. I typically offer a magnetic clasp metal cord or a black or clear rubber cord with my pin pendants, but they come in many lengths and types so please contact me about them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated