Thursday, April 28, 2011

Artisan Clay Design Team Reveal Day Has Arrived!

Welcome!
I am very excited to announce the very first Artisan Clay Design Team Challenge Blog Hop!
This month I decided to let each member of the design team choose a bead for themselves.  The photos above were what they had to choose from.  I really love this metallic bronze glaze and as soon as I made these funky link focals I have been dying to see them in action.

Now for the reveal!
I had his crazy idea rolling around in my head.  A few months ago I started to have all these ideas for a photo shoot with feathers.  I want feathers in my hair, feathers in my hat, feathers on my purse. I want to have a fun feathery time, put on some sunglasses and pretend it's not me and glam it up :-) 
Ask my friends, I went on for weeks about this and that.
It still would be fun to try. 

I didn't get that far--- but I did buy some feathers and I did work out the hows and whys of adding them to this necklace.   I found it both tricky and fun, because for me, tricky makes it fun.  I like to try to figure out new skills with out being told how to do it.  That might be the hard way, but my brain likes the adventure.
So, what do you think?  I wonder what they would think of it at the office. 

Want to see the what everyone else on the team came up with?  I sure do!
Follow the links below to all of our design team blogs. 
If you are checking in early, and there is not at least 7 blogs listed below, check back as everyone links up.

If you have blogged about your creation using an Artisan Clay Art bead, please add your link below and let us all see what you have made!




11 comments:

  1. Kristie- it is soooooo awesome! Great vision, AND you made it work. Now I am super curious how you worked with those feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so bohemian chic, Kristie! I will have to come back when I am more rested to peek at the rest. But I have to say the teasers look awesome (and how do you get that cool little pic of each?) Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, it's awesome! Really original design, and I would love to know how you got those feathers to work too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just. Wow. You could make me a convert to feathers with this! Absolutely striking combination of textures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful statement piece this is! I love the addition of the feathers to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful bunch of creations! Love the feathers... reminds me of something Jane Yellowrock might wear;) What a talented group you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! Thank you so much, this was fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do like the added hint of the feathers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear cocktail dressing calling!!! So creative and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using feathers is a very novel and innovative idea.Creating a very nice classy look and can be considered for evening dressing with blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wispy, dark and sexy; totally appropriate for the office. :)
    I really enjoyed everyone's creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated