Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beads of Clay Color Scheme Challenge

I got to announce the Winner of the Split Complimentary Section of our color challenge today! Jen Judd Velasquez won a nice pile of my beads with this Beautiful necklace! Check out the Blog post on the Beads-of-Clay blog here--http://beads-of-clay.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-winner-is_20.html
I also announced the opening of the Neutral Section of the Color Scheme Challenge Yesterday.
Here are a few of my examples-- The first uses black and white with a smoke fired square.

This piece uses a center bead of my hand dug local clay, and 4 cream colored stoneware beads. I used some great Rhyolite Rhondelles and Rounds and some funky black agate rectangles for the body of the necklace.
My last example is this earthy set of earrings. Wood and white stone beads create a drop for my tiny clay triangles.
If you have been too shy to enter our challenge, now is the time to jump in! Neutral Pieces are a lot easier than making many colors work together, and we will have prizes from 3 different beads-of-clay bead artists for this section.
And remember! You can always contact me with your photos if you are having troubles with the Flickr group, or have any questions. www.artisanclay.etsy.com
I blogged about the Neutral section of the color challenge on the Beads of Clay blog here--http://beads-of-clay.blogspot.com/2010/03/neutral-color-scheme-challenge-begins.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated